Search instead for 
Do you mean 
All Star
fasbjd

If the Big Ten teams were countries...

Thought I'd pass on this e-mail I received today...funny stuff:

If the Big Ten teams were countries…  

ILLINOIS: Greece
Once a powerhouse, now little more than an insignificant clan of people who talk funny and complain a lot.  

INDIANA: Ireland
A very proud people who tend to overlook certain types of bad behavior.  Using the f-word repeatedly is acceptable.  

IOWA: Ukraine
Detached from the rest of Europe and really should be part of Asia .  Covered with corn fields. Appeared to be emerging as a regional power, but returned to mediocrity very quickly.  

MICHIGAN: Germany
A rich history, tons of talent, but a tendency to employ leaders who are power-crazed, loud-mouthed lunatics who always seem to louse things up.  Germany's citizens are always ready to tell you they're superior.  When asked about recent history, they tend to get quiet quickly.  

MICHIGAN STATE : Austria
Germany's slow, loud, self-conscious and far less accomplished neighbor.  

MINNESOTA: Sweden
Liberal whack jobs covered in snow.  

NORTHWESTERN: Netherlands
Citizens of other European countries (and the world) come here to get stoned and drunk, ravage the natives, then leave.  

OHIO STATE :France
Pound for pound the most insufferable, arrogant pricks on the planet.  Weak leaders who appear to be accomplices in their humiliating defeats.  Holding their own against Germany at the moment, but everyone knows it's only a matter of time before the tanks are rolling again.  

PENN STATE : United Kingdom
Used to run the world. Run by a beloved, geriatric figurehead who simply refuses to retire.  

PURDUE: Norway
The secret to Norway 's marginal success is that it's so boring, no one pays it any attention.  

WISCONSIN: Poland
Filled with hulking pasty-white drunks with 'ski' at the end of their last name. Looks tough, but easily rolled. Lots of jokes are made at their expense.
1st Round Draftee
jaybob62863

Re: If the Big Ten teams were countries...

Great stuff, lol.  Thanks for that, I needed the laugh.  Can't wait to hear the rumblings from the other "countries" here soon.  lol.  Take care!
1st Round Draftee
Hoosiers2002

Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else think that we could be switched with Illinois? I mean, when have they ever been a powerhouse? And we know that quite a few of them were willing to overlook their atrocious behavior at the game in Champaign last year.
1st Round Draftee
tjjfan

So entertaining..  GOOD STUFF.  I really enjoyed the Penn State geriatric figurehead..  He is a great football coach, but oh my goodness is he ever going to retire.  Even a shattered leg could not keep him off of a field.  What dedication.  If only half of the United States population had his dedication and go-nads we would be in a better place.
1st Round Draftee
davanderman

RE: If the Big Ten teams were countries...

I agree, if this was BBall oriented, wouldn't this describe us best?

A rich history, tons of talent, but a tendency to employ leaders who are power-crazed, loud-mouthed lunatics who always seem to louse things up. Germany's citizens are always ready to tell you they're superior. When asked about recent history, they tend to get quiet quickly.
1st Round Draftee
Hoosiers1111

I think it is clearly more geared towards football. Although if that was the case wouldn't we be more like Netherlands based on our recent history? (Not including last year)
1st Round Draftee
HoosierFanIU17

You could tell it was written by a Michigan person.
1st Round Draftee
5Banners

This would be my basketball version.

If the Big Ten teams were countries…  

MICHIGAN: Greece
Once a powerhouse, now little more than an insignificant clan of people who talk funny and complain a lot.  

IOWA: Ireland
A very proud people who tend to overlook certain types of bad behavior.  Using the f-word repeatedly is acceptable.  

PENN STATE: Ukraine
Detached from the rest of Europe and really should be part of Asia .  Covered with corn fields. Appearedto be emerging as a regional power, but returned to mediocrity very quickly.  

INDIANA: Germany
A rich history, tons of talent, but a tendency to employ leaders who are power-crazed, loud-mouthed lunatics who always seem to louse things up.  Germany's citizens are always ready to tell you they're superior.  When asked about recent history, they tend to get quiet quickly.   

PURDUE : Austria
Germany's slow, loud, self-conscious and far less accomplished neighbor.  

MINNESOTA:Sweden
Liberal whack jobs covered in snow.  

NORTHWESTERN: Netherlands
Citizens of other European countries (and the world) come here to get stoned and drunk, ravage the natives, then leave.  

ILLINOIS: France
Pound for pound the most insufferable, arrogant pricks on the planet.  Weak leaders who appear to be accomplices in their humiliating defeats.  Holding their own against Germany at the moment, but everyone knows it's only a matter of time before the tanks are rolling again.  

MICHIGAN STATE: United Kingdom
Used to run the world. Run by a beloved, geriatric figurehead who simply refuses to retire.  

WISCONSIN: Norway
The secret to Norway 's marginal success is that it's so boring, no one pays it anyattention.  

OHIO STATE: Poland
Filled with hulking pasty-white drunks with 'ski' at the end of their last name. Looks tough, but easily rolled. Lots of jokes are made at their expense
1st Round Draftee
jaybob62863

Hoosiers2002 wrote: Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else think that we could be switched with Illinois? I mean, when have they ever been a powerhouse? And we know that quite a few of them were willing to overlook their atrocious behavior at the game in Champaign last year.

I wouldn't say Illannoy.  We are just not a clan of people, lol.  We might be down, but everyone knows we are on the rise!!!!! 
1st Round Draftee
5Banners

Hoosiers2002 wrote: Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else think that we could be switched with Illinois? I mean, when have they ever been a powerhouse? And we know that quite a few of them were willing to overlook their atrocious behavior at the game in Champaign last year.

We should be Germany and Purdue or Illinois should be Austria.  This is obviously meant more for football than basketball, just see the Penn State comparison.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean